Tuesday, January 25, 2011

update

Sunday practice was canceled because it was really really cold out and there was big bad snow threatening.

Last night's practice went really well (at least for me). At one point we were practicing "getting a goat" (if, say, the white team wants to slooooow the pack down, because the black jammer's in the box and they want the white jammer to score as many points as possible, you gang up on the slowest black player and glob up around her, slow slow slow, so that you are the pack and you are really slow), and, as per usual, I ended up being the goat. I got sent out of bounds and the chick who got me out of bounds started skating backwards, to force me further and further back behind the pack. So finally, I skated really fast out of bounds backwards until I was behind her, did a quick 180 and was able to blast right past her back with my other teammates. (This got noticed by Coach Ref, yay!)

On the other hand, our end drill sucked. It's called Ten Down and it goes like this. All the laps are fast pack/sprint speed:

10 laps, 10 pushups

8 laps, 8 bicycle crunches

6 laps, 6 cherry picker side planks on each side(basically you do a side plank, then bring your top arm and curl it around into the triangle of space created by the floor and your body)

4 laps, 4 dolphin plank evil pushup things (basically you do a plank with your butt in the air, then bring your torso forward over your arms. or something like that)

2 laps, 2 evil knee touch things (on elbows and knees, bring your knee up to your elbow)

1 lap, 1 thirty-second plank.

I am *always* the last one to finish. It SUCKS. I'm halfway tempted to cheat on my laps just so I'm not last. But I won't, so I don't. MUST SKATE FASTER. Or something.

Plus, one of my skate laces broke last night, so I have to find new ones.

1 comment:

  1. With the zestiness of the greek yogurt + ranch, yep it's definitely possible to get too much. Sorry for not warning you!

    I am always the last one on these types of things too. Yes, it's SO tempting to cheat! But then how will we know when we get better and aren't the last ones? hehe. A lot of times I'm the goat too (which is why I SERIOUSLY hate jamming) - the move you did sounds really impressive though!!

    ReplyDelete