Tuesday, March 15, 2011

sigh, argh, bleh, thud

When you're worried you're going to puke during the practice's WARM UP routine.....sigh.

Anyway.

The parade was fun. I ended up not skating because when I woke up Saturday morning my street was wet and puddly so I figured it would be like that downtown, but the downtown streets were dry, so I was bummed.  I wore my black long underwear so I didn't freeze.  It didn't start sprinkling until we finished, which was nice.

Next year (if I do this next year) I have to remember to park at the END of the parade, not the start.  Lot of extra walking that day.

Our local PBS station is doing its yearly fundraiser THANG, and the last two years our league has gone and answered calls on-air and stuff.  This year they're tailoring the programming to us and showing Roller Derby Chronicles while we're there.  (It probably would've been better if they were showing Blood on the Flat Track or Hell on Wheels, but beggars can't be choosers.)  They're also letting us skate in the studio, which is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment