Friday, March 11, 2011

weekend weekend weekend

I love scrimmage night.  I think I did pretty well - I concentrated on keeping with my partner, forming walls, etc.  I didn't get any majors (don't know about minors).

We play in a round-robin format, so there's one stretch of time where each team does not play.  During that time, the referees have invited one skater from each team to shadow them.  Given the choice between shadowing a ref and doing calisthenics, I was like PICK ME PICK ME I'LL DO IT! (Former Fearless Leader and I ended up splitting the time.)

Talk about a mishmash of clusterfuckyness.  I have a new respect for the referees now.

Oh, I never mentioned what happened with my kneepad.  I e-mailed the guy who runs the company that the rivet had ripped out of the fabric, and he was like "ok, send me a check for $25 and I'll fix 'em" and I thought "WTF the kneepad broke through no fault of my own and there's no warranty WTF" but I said "okay, fine"...

..but then I realized I hadn't described what had happened very well, because I'd told him the rivet had ripped out of the fabric but what actually happened was that the rivet separated in half.  So I wrote a note explaining what had really happened, and wrote the check (including $15 for a set of caps in the amount, so that's $40)....

....and the kneepad sat in my car for about a month because I didn't have a box to send them in and then finally I got a box to send them in....

....and about a week later, I get the kneepad back, with my $40 check attached.

Which is cool, because I didn't have to pay to get it fixed, but annoying, because I really wanted the caps.

Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment