Thursday, January 21, 2010

bodies are weird

As I have said a few times previously, my weight has remained fairly constant for the last two years or so - between 168 and 173.  But today I'm wearing a skirt that I wore to my 15th high school reunion, when I weighed 160.  So I guess it's the whole "muscle is leaner than fat" thing.  Or something.

It occurred to me a few days ago that when I went to that reunion (in 2006), two of my classmates were pregnant with their first child.  In 2009, both classmates gave birth to their second kid.  Meanwhile, Maverick is steadily approaching his 9th birthday as an only child.  When I was a kid I was all "yeah I'm gonna have at least two, possibly three kids" but when it came time to think about having #2, I was like "Um, yeah, I like what we've got going here, why rock the boat." 

So! Kyle on Tuesday. He had me doing endurance/agility stuff (stepping up and down off a high step, making sure that the foot that touches the ground is the one that goes up first.  Keeping track of that shit is HARD).  At first I was STOMP STOMP STOMP GALOMP but then he's like "step lighter" so I complied. 

Then I watched Biggest Loser. Whee.

No comments:

Post a Comment