Wednesday, January 6, 2010

indeed

so I met with Vinny (had his name spelled wrong) and was initially very discouraged.  A setup of Kyle and Vinny meant basically a deal of more scheduled trainer time (which, when you put roller derby practice back in, meant that I would be out 6 nights a week) and more money.  But then I talked to Kyle yesterday during my Death Paces and he said he wouldn't be offended if I stopped going to him, and I really do need to get this thing fucking taken care of, so once my 6 sessions with Kyle are up (I have two more), I will go to Vinny.  I can put my extra training later in the night, so I can be around when Maverick is awake and all that.

He's having me do a food diary, which I am officially starting today.  For the past two days, it's been something like this:

Breakfast: coffee and Greek yogurt
Lunch: Lean Cuisine entree
Afternoon Snack: anything in the house that is not nailed down
Dinner: Roy's chicken fettucine alfredo
Evening Snack: anything in the house that is not nailed down

I need to work on those snacks.

So yesterday was more Death Paces with Kyle.  He had me do a few different things, arm presses and bicep curls and bicycle crunches and other stuff that sort of became a blur.  Between exercises he will have me jump on an elliptical and go for X amount of time keeping my pace above Y number.  He told me my endurance was definitely improving, which suprised me.

(Here begins the long introspective part.)

I never would've thought that it had, unless he'd mentioned it.  I don't pick up on subtle change.  Sure, I can add more weight to a machine, but it doesn't occur to me that it means I am getting stronger.  I never would've realized my arms are getting stronger if I hadn't thought "Oh gee I should try doing a pushup" and then being able to do ten bent-knee ones where I couldn't even do one before.  I don't notice that my clothes are getting baggier until I'm able to pull my jeans down completely without unbuttoning and unzipping them.  I'm not sure what that means.

(And thus endeth the long instrospective part.  I guess it wasn't that long after all.)

Then it was cardio time.  Put me in front of network reality TV and I will elliptical until my feet fall off.  Seriously.  I was watching Biggest Loser (without sound; I didn't have an FM receive to get audio) and was *transfixed*.  It was like "gee, that trainer lady looks like she yells a lot" and the next thing I know 40 minutes have gone by.

Maverick is going to a friend's house after school, so that gives me a little time to run to the gym and do some more cardio.  Whee!

No comments:

Post a Comment