Tuesday, January 19, 2010

it's tuesday, not monday. three day weekends throw me off.

So I went skating yesterday afternoon.  The rink where our league practices was open, so I took Maverick.  A few other league chicas brought their kids too, so we all hung out and skated and watched our kids skate and climb around on the big jungle gym thinger.

Maverick, as I think I've mentioned, is 8 1/2.  He's been skating for about a year now, and does pretty well.  He doesn't coast as much as he probably should, but that's most likely because his skates are crappy.  (When I was his age, I was a skating fiend.)

Tonight is my last night of scheduled Death Paces.  I think I will stick with Kyle.  My leg didn't do too badly on Sunday, and I think if I just keep up on stretching and strength training, I will be okay.  My (I am not a doctor) theory is that since I was a tub of inactive goo last year, my leg freaked out with all the sudden working of the muscles.  Now that I'm doing it on a regular basis, I should be okay.

Plus I just really can't justify the time/money commitment.

So, on to derby-ish type stuff.  I got new wheels and tried them out on Sunday.  They are Heartless wheels, Chasers on the inside and Vanish on the outside.  They were kinda slick at first but I got used to them fairly quickly.  However, they don't really feel any different than my Fugitive wheels, or my Tuner wheels before that.  I'm sure they make a difference, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment