Thursday, January 7, 2010

onward and upward

so this morning was another "maybe I'll get up early and go to the gym and elliptical" that just didn't pan out.

I am prefacing the following statement with the biggest KNOCK ON WOOD I can come up with.  So,

KNOCK ON WOOD

When I was working with Kyle on Tuesday, he had me do these hamstring stretches that involved bending from the waist, keeping my back as straight as possible, while holding a large (sized) barbell with a small (maybe 10 pounds?) weight on it.  He had me do this a few times.

Since then, my hamstring has hardly given me any trouble at all.

KNOCK ON WOOD

I miss skating.  I haven't skated since the night before Thanksgiving.  Partially because I want to give the hamstring a rest, partially because the only time I'd be able to skate now is Wednesday nights at the Adult Skate Night at the rink where we practice, and Sunday mornings.  I do like to spend some time with my family, so I stay home Wednesday nights, and Sunday mornings I go to the gym.  Maybe I will go to Adult Skate night next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment