Monday, January 25, 2010

okay

so all of the no people who read this blog probably remember the entry where I talked about going full out Sprinty McSprintenheimer on the gazelle machine for two minutes and being all HELL YEAH I AM AWESOME, only to remember that for the WFTDA thing I have to do 25 laps in 5 minutes.  Here is a linky link to that entry.

So Sunday I did kind of a half-assed workout (my elbow bugging me so I skipped the assisted pull-ups, Vinny was working with someone in the stretching area and I wanted to avoid him so I skipped my crunches), but I decided I would try the full out Sprinty McSprintenheimer on the gazelle for the full five minutes.

And I did it.

And then my heart exploded.

Whee!

So I realized that my Sprinty McSprintenheimer routine is a form of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).  Perhaps I should do a little more research into that.

Anyway, my tryout for the league is scheduled for February 1. It's essentially a formality, and I know I will pass it with ease, but I'm still a little nervous.  I want to completely crush the 25 laps in 5 minutes, and I'm still a little nervous about how my leg will react. (And my new wheels.  They are kind of slick and I'm worried I will lose control and crash into the wall.)  But we'll see what happens.  I also got new toe stops, big honkin' blue ones that, from what I have heard from other skaters, are awesome.  I didn't have them last Sunday so I couldn't try them out, but I am thinking I might try to go out to one of the rinks this week and get accustomed to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment