Saturday, May 21, 2011

a bummer, a real bummer and an epiphany

the bummer - we won't find out travel teams results until next weekend at the earliest.

the real bummer - my dad was taking Maverick out of town to visit Gnomeloaf and her family.  About an hour left to go in their trip, my dad hit a deer.  The car is totaled, but fortunately they are both ok.

the epiphany - I was helping out at the Lilac Festival, being generally goofy and dancing while holding my skate (we weren't allowed to wear them) and one of my leaguemates said something, I forget exactly what, that made me realize exactly *why* I joined roller derby lo those almost three years ago:

I needed an outlet for my weirdness.

And it's true! Back in '08 I didn't really have anything bizarre going on in my life.  I had a job, I had a family, I had my knitting, but I didn't have anything weird.  And then I found derby, and it gave me that outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment