Tuesday, May 17, 2011

*sigh*

So last night was the fitness part of the travel team tryouts.  Pushups in a minute, situps in a minute, squats in a minute.  My numbers were something like this:

Pushups - 22
Situps - 33
Squats - 61

Like I said, sigh.

Thursday we'll do a speed test (how long it takes us to skate 10 laps), a 30 minute scrimmage, and then an endurance test (how many laps we can skate in 10 minutes).  We did a practice run of the speed test, and I frickin' fell.  That pissed me off.  Stupid wheels are bald and slid out from underneath me.  I had the slowest time of anyone because of that, 1:48.

So that was depressing.

On the other hand, I discovered that if I wear the tights that compress my legs a lot and then wear my gaskets underneath them, my knees are okay.  (I don't think I ever told the story of my gaskets.  I got them a long time ago, but couldn't wear them because they wouldn't fit underneath my kneepads.)

I re-screwed up my right ring finger, A-GAIN, so I had to tape it to my middle finger otherwise it hurts too much.  It's making typing a real treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment