Wednesday, May 18, 2011

off derby day, so I'll talk about other stuff

Every year Rochester has its Lilac Festival.  Booths get set up and people wander around the park looking at lilacs that are usually either past their peak or not yet peaked.  Last year and this year, the league has had a booth set up.  We don't skate (grassy hills + skates = aieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee) but we give out swaggy stuff and sign autographs and/or whatnot.

Anyway, the festival runs for ten days or so, May 13 to May 22.  It's been closed the last 3 days because of the weather.  I'm working the booth on Friday evening. I'd better bundle up.

Last night I made myself some booty shorts!  I found a pattern for swimsuit bottoms and got some funky stretchy fabric.  All the while I was making them, I was thinking this isn't going to work, they're not going to fit, I'm wasting my time/money/whatever and then I put them on and.....they didn't look half bad!  I'm going to wear them to practice tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment