Monday, April 11, 2011

BOUT WEEK BOUT WEEK WAHOO

(except the bout is on Sunday, which is a little odd, but we'll deal.)

Lineups were posed yesterday - five of them, and just about everyone is in two (myself included).  So that's cool.  I know that I'm supposed to be all "it's all for the team and the team is what matters", but c'mon.  I'm me.  I'm going to be going over those lineups with a fine-toothed comb, counting how many times I'm in and how many times everyone else is in.  (I mean, I know and get and understand that it's all for the team and the team is what matters and that there's no "I" in "team" or whatnot, but there *is* a scrambled "me" in "team.")

ANYWAY.

I'm not as GAH MY LEGS as I usually am on Monday mornings.  Progress, I think.  I hope.  Maverick made me do a burpee this morning to show him that I could do one.  I may need to retaliate later. (He *claims* that he did one last night, but I didn't see it.)

I skated a bit at yesterday's practice and had to tighten my trucks a bit.  It was a little wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey during a few of the turns.  Now I'm back to "hm I don't notice a difference".

OH!  I forgot to mention.  Backstory: I collect old toasters (which are on display in our kitchen) and old typewriters (which are on display in our attic, because, well, old typewriters are big).  Roy is on this CLEAN ALL THE THINGS IN THE ATTIC kick and had me go through some stuff up there, one thing of which was one of the old carrying cases for one of the typewriters - a big square box.  Well...

Pretty neat, if I do say so myself.  (I've always been told you shouldn't store your skates and your pads in the same bag, since the sweat from the pads can rust out your bearings.  Plus it's a cool old square box perfect for affixing stickers upon.  The only downside is that it's a bit bulky, and I have to find a different bag for my pads now, but IT'S COOL LOOKING AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS.)


So that's where we are.

(oh, and one more thing.  I cross-stitched this onto the corner of my uniform jersey.)
I hate metallic floss and will never do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment