Tuesday, April 5, 2011

once again, GAH MY LEGS

so all did not go well and my package should be arriving today.  Ah well.

Last night I wore new tights to practice, and they compressed my legs again so that my kneepads slid.  First fall of the night, they slip and I land ON MY ACTUAL KNEE.  Ow!  I ended up having to sit out of most of one drill with an icepack on my knee, and I've got a big ugly bruise on my kneecap now.  Fortunately I won't be skating again until Sunday, so there's time for it to heal.

ZOMG I forgot to mention the most amazing use for Greek yogurt yet.  My brother-in-law suggested adding sugar free/fat free pudding mix.  One of those little packages to 16 ounces of vanilla yogurt.  Add it a little bit at a time and stir, it ends up the consistency of mousse and IS THE MOST WONDERFUL THING EVAR.

May 7th is tryouts for the travel teams.  (Our season is running differently this time around - first half of the season is home teams, second half is travel teams.)  There's going to be one tryout for both the A team and the B team, and I have been told that the results will not be announced at the tryouts, so there will be no repeat of last year's crapitude. 

So I'll be trying out.  A team is out of my reach, but I'm fairly confident I'll get a spot on the B team roster.  I love away games.

No comments:

Post a Comment