Wednesday, April 6, 2011

YAY FOR PACKAGES

A new helmet with pads inside it that aren't sliding all over the place!
New cushions for my trucks!
New wrist guards that aren't completely shredded that I need to keep together with duct tape!
New shoelaces that aren't a bitch to get through the eyelets!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

So Sunday (the next time I will be skating) will be an experiment on how loose/tight I need my trucks to be.  It was interesting to see just how dirty and squished and hard the original cushions were.  (The new ones looked like big orange gummy LifeSavers....mmm.....gummy LifeSavers.)

Not much else is new in the Land of Chalk Drawings.  Starting to plan for ECE (I signed up for two challenge bouts, lefties v. righties and crafters v. bakers, but did it kinda late in the game and am only an alternate, but even if I don't end up skating it'll still be fun).  There is a Sonic in Philadelphia, so I am going to force at least one trip there.  We've got a bout two weeks from Sunday, eek, so we have to get ready for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment