Tuesday, July 26, 2011

another week, another week

So for the third time in about as many days, I've had someone come up to me and tell me how great I look.

I really have no idea how I look.  I feel like I look the same in all my pictures, no matter whether they're from five years ago or ten minutes ago.  It doesn't help that no two stores size their clothes the same - I can wear a size 8 Old Navy skirt but have to squeeze into a size 12 dress from another place.  It's annoying.  (Then there's the thing where I can wear a size 8 Old Navy skirt but not size 10 Old Navy pants.  ANNOYING.)

Practice was last night, nice and super sweaty.  By the end, when we were doing 90 second sprints followed by 60 seconds of army crawls, I was going "JUST LEAVE ME, SARGE!  TELL MY MA I TRIED MY BEST!"   Adding to the fun was the fact that I didn't bring my water bottle and had to attack the drinking fountain every thirty seconds.

I'm contemplating getting new plates.  I'm still using the nylon ones that came with my skates.  I know next to nothing about them, though, so I sent an e-mail to the guy who helps out our league with stuff like this saying "you know me, you know how I skate, you know what I can and can't do, what sort of plates should I get?" We'll see what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment