Tuesday, July 5, 2011

sometimes I wonder...

as people know who read this, I have a 10 year old son, Maverick (that's his derby name).  Sometimes I wonder what it's like for him, having a mother who plays roller derby, and how his life has been made different because of it.

When I was his age, and I'd go to parties held by friends of my mom's, they'd be pool parties, low-key get togethers.  One time we got invited to go on the lake on the boat of one of her friends; that was very cool and a high point happy memory in my childhood.

Last night, we went to a 4th of July party held by one of my leaguemates.  At one point I had to tell him that he could NOT try firebreathing like everyone else.

(and, for what it's worth, if he hadn't been around, I probably would've tried it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment