Monday, July 11, 2011

so, Canada!

So we won, 200-something to 54, I think.  They let me jam.  What were they thinking?

I went to the box twice, both for four minors.  I got a *lot* of direction of game play minors, mostly because I would skate backwards to try and hit someone (they'd have a wall behind me that I needed to break up).

I had a few nice strong hits.  It's funny - we spend lots of time in practice working on hitting.  Hit with your hip, not your shoulder; crouch down low then pop up and back; etc., etc.  During a bout, my hitting style really is just I AM GOING TO SKATE RIGHT INTO YOU AT FULL SPEED. 

BORED WITH YOU NOW. QUEEN SMASH SOMEONE ELSE!
(I LOVE our new uniform shirts.  It's so nice not to have to scrub Sharpie off my arms in the shower.)

I also lost ANOTHER wheel.  And I'd made sure that the (brand new installed) nuts were tight before I went on. There are two possibilities that make sense, from the opinions I've gotten:

1. My axles are stripped and I need new trucks;
2. The wheels have a wider space between the bearings, so the nylon part of the lock nut doesn't connect so it doesn't stay stuck, and I should reverse the orientation of the nuts.  (This one would make sense because the trouble started happening when I got the new wheels, but when I put the nuts on it looked like they went on fully.)

I'll mess around with it at practice tonight and see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment