Wednesday, March 17, 2010

oh hey look, it's an entry

so now is the long dark tea-time of the derby soul, in which I don't do any practicing until Sunday.  One of the new skaters (who is actually the co-captain) has taken my helmet to repaint and freshen up my crown and maybe bling it up a little (my only worry about that is if something comes unglued it'll be a rink hazard).

I finally bit the bullet and bought skates for outdoors.  I also bought new pusher wheels - I went with the Heartless Voodoo (86a) rather than the Stalker (88a).  Figured I might as well get as much traction as I can, so that I am not skittering all over the place.

So, let's see.  On Monday we couldn't find a file at work (that's one of our downfalls - we are slightly unorganized and hoardy here.  When we moved to the new building and the movers were picking up my boss's desk, they found cold medicine that expired in 1989 in one of the drawers).  In my searching and digging around for it, I found my little Personal Trainer: Walking pedometer that I'd lost (the white one.  I lost the black one on the Zombie Walk the league did last year [yes, I wore a pedometer to a Zombie Walk.  I figured I could get a lot of steps in, even if they were shuffly and undead]).  So now I am wearing that and seeing just how much I am not walking.

I should've gone to the gym last night; I could've - I forgot to RSVP to my mother about dinner plans and she made plans without me, so we were home - but I couldn't.  Lost was on, that's my excuse.  (Sigh.)  I am going on Friday, though - I have my last PT session with Kyle and it's scheduled so I hafta hafta HAFTA go.

No comments:

Post a Comment