Tuesday, March 2, 2010

today is the day

so in a wonderous bit of serendipity, Gnomeloaf (my older sister who lives about 6 hours away) is contemplating being in Buffalo on the 27th as part of the Buffalo Small Press Book Fair (she runs an online literary journal, The Northville Review).  If all works well, I'd hang with her there for the day and then we'd go to the bout afterwards.  Fingers crossed!

Tonight is the travel team tryout.  When I get home from work I have to swap out my wheels.  I never got around to doing it yesterday.  I hope I do okay - I don't necessarily care if I make the team*, but I just don't want to make a complete fool out of myself.

Let's see.  The St. Patrick's Day parade is coming up - we marched in it last year and it was hella fun, except for the part where we had to stand around for 3 hours waiting for our turn to march (we were near the back).  There was no snow and the streets were dry, though, so we got to skate, which was fun.  Hopefully we'll be able to skate again this year.

I am still down about five and a half pounds from where I was last week because of being sick.  I have no confidence that I'll be able to keep it off, what with it most assuredly being water weight, but I have to admit it's nice to look at the scale and see different numbers.  I am actually trying to eat more proper-like (for example, breakfast today is a banana and a TLC cereal bar).  AND I NEED TO GO TO THE GYM.  Maybe I'll get up early tomorrow or something. (yeah, that will happen.)

----------
*who am I kidding, of course I care if I make the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment