Monday, March 8, 2010

okay

so I was really going to go to the gym on Saturday, and I even went, but wanted to stop at one of the stores at the mall before I actually went into the gym. I found a cute dress and a skirt, but then realized I'd forgotten my wallet, so I went back home and figured I would go back later that evening, which of course I didn't.

Sunday was practice.  Now to explain.

I write this blog with a sort of thin veil of anonymity.  I mean, I use my real derby name, but I use fake names for everyone else - mostly because if I know people are reading this, I won't be as free-flowing, I'll think "oh but what will so-and-so think if I write this," etc.  So I use fake names so people can't google themselves.  Or something.  Also, it's fun.

So!  We have three coaches.  Coach Superstar is in charge of the travel team - she used to play for a few big WFTDA teams before she came to our city.  She's insane.  She gave birth to her daughter on February 25, and was at the travel team tryouts on March 2. 

Coach Dude was the coach of the B travel team last year.  He is, as his name would imply, a righteous dude.  He's also Fearless Leader's boyfriend.

Our newest coach is the guy who also is a speedskater, who runs the insane training sessions on Sunday.  He is Apolo Anton OhHELLno, because that's what I say when I hear him run through what we'll have to do.

So yeah, yesterday was training with him.  Good LORD.  All sorts of running and jumping and squatting and IT'S NOT A PUSHUP IF YOUR CHEST DOESN'T TOUCH THE FLOOR and this morning I woke up and my legs said "you want us to move? Not gonna happen" and guh.

So that was Sunday morning.  Yesterday afternoon Maverick had another bowling tournament and once again he continues to amaze us.  He bowled a 143 (a new high score!) a 100 and a 106.  He's really gotten a lot better this year - his average is up over 25 points since last season, and it's steadily increasing.  So yay to him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment