Monday, March 15, 2010

weekend in an entry roundup

Friday: I did not go to the gym.  In other news, water is wet and fire is hot.

Saturday: St. Patrick's Day parade.  It was cold and rainy and completely miserable, weather-wise.  However, because I am an idiot/am a glutton for punishment/have a death wish, I skated (there were probably about ten of us who did).   We had an awesome float ( VW Cabriolet decorated to look like a roller skate) and we elicited a lot of cheers and support as we went by.

Skating back to the cars after the parade was over, though, was not much fun, as (a) it was raining harder, (b) we had to swerve in and out of progressively drunker and drunker spectators, and (c) we had to skate on the sidewalk, which I never like doing.




As soon as I got home, I took the world's hottest shower.

I also took apart my skate trucks so I could clean all the mud off them.  This was sort of terrifying, as I'd never done it before and was worried that I would do it wrong and my skates would explode (not really.  But there was one skater last year who somehow managed to strip the threads on one of the bolts of her truck, and it took a really long time for it to get repaired.  I really need to order a pair of outdoor only skates [though I did talk to one chick at the parade who had a pair that I was contemplating, and she loves them, so I will probably go with those]).

Sunday: Skills and drills.  Apolo Anton OhHELLno was out of town so we didn't have to kill ourselves with off-skates training.  So we worked on hitting and dropping into a low stance when we're hit so we don't fall, and I had to leave early because Roy had a bowling makeup session and Maverick had his baseball skills session thingy.

Sunday night we had a league board meeting in which many exciting things were decided and discussed.  Whee!

Tonight is our team meeting/practice, which should be fun.  I like my team - we are teh awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment