Friday, March 5, 2010

looking back and looking forward

I think I might have mentioned before, but Roy has a Thursday night bowling league, and since Maverick isn't old enough to stay home by himself, I miss league scrimmage night.  Which is a bummer.  There have been nights when my parents have been able to watch him (like, say, the Thursday night before a bout), but (a) they live about twenty minutes away and (b) I don't like obligating them to do it every week.

So!  My practice schedule for the season is Sunday morning league skills and drills 10-12:30, Monday night team practice 8-10, and then Thursday league scrimmage 7-9:30 once bowling's over for the year (which is like, May, I think).  Bit of a change from last season, when team practice was on Tuesdays.  At least I'll be able to take Maverick to his baseball practices and games.

Tonight a few people are getting together to watch Blood on the Flat Track.  It's available on Watch Netflix Instantly, you should watch it.  (I do not have Watch Netflix Instantly because we are a Linux household.  We do, however, have a Wii, so eventually apparently at some point this spring we will get it.  HOPEFULLY.)

Tomorrow I really need to get over to the gym.  Like, desperately.  Going to North Carolina and being sick and Roy doing a lot of extra bowling this week has completely thrown me.   I have been somewhat able to keep a little bit of the weight that I lost while sick off (I am now hovering around 165 rather than 169); YAY ME. 

I really want to put my outdoor wheels on and skate outside.  The streets are dry even though there's like a foot of snow on the ground.  Either that or I need to get a real pair of outdoor skates.  I tried last year just getting a cheapo pair of skates for my outdoor wheels, but the ones I got, the trucks were too close to the base of the boot, meaning that if I put my (somewhat larger diameter) wheels on them and tried to turn, the wheel pushed into the bottom of the boot and I would stop.  (Those were the skates I sold in this entry.)  I am lazy and am getting tired of swapping out my wheels every single time I want to skate outside.

I'm so ready for spring.  I hate winter so very much.  You cannot conceive how thrilled I am every year when Daylight Saving Time starts.  Maybe I have Seasonal Whats-its-face Disorder or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment