Monday, March 1, 2010

and now we're back at Monday

and not only is it Monday, it's the first day of March.  whoa!

So, like I mentioned before, I was really sick on Friday, and spent about 90% of Saturday and 75% of yesterday recovering.  This means that I didn't go to practice yesterday.  Sundays are league-wide practices that our speed skating coach runs, and as I expected, everyone's Facebook statuses afterwards involve the fact that they can't move their limbs.  So I'm not completely upset that I missed it.

Kyle called me on Saturday - I have one more personal training session left of the bunch that I bought.  It expired yesterday but he's going to try and hold it for me.  Honestly, I don't know when I'll be able to get in - Roy is subbing in for someone tonight bowling, I have travel team tryouts on Tuesday, and then Roy is bowling again Wednesday night and Thursday night.  Okay, so maybe I do know when I'll be able to get in - Friday at the earliest.  Sigh.

I also (before I got sick) managed to solve an issue that haunted a lot of us all last season.  When we come to practices, we need to have scrimmage shirts - one black, one white, each with our number on it.  While the black was no problem (I have two bout shirts in black), I only had one official white one, which I lost.  So I'd either have to jerry-rig something with duct tape and a Sharpie, or beg to be on the black team. 

Well, one of our skaters found that a sports clothing outlet place had reversible black/white mesh basketball shirts for $1.  Score!  I went on Wednesday and got one (it's a men's XL, so it's basically like a dress), but for $6 I got my number on both sides so I am SET TO GO.  I hope that whatever team I'm on does something like this for our uniforms (though I would not be upset if we ended up getting dresses).

I know I've mentioned Roy's bowling tourament in Buffalo - as it turns out, it *does* coincide with a Queen City Roller Girls bout, yay!  So all I'll need to do is finangle a ride home, which shouldn't be difficult.  I've been jonesing for some live roller derby - watching it on the internet just doesn't suffice.

So while Roy is bowling tonight, I'll need to swap my Heartless wheels for my Fugitives, and I should probably clean my bearings.  I also need to see if I can find my old toe guards (I have two sets - plain ones and fancy ones with crowns on them.  The fancy ones make my toe stops too low). 

No comments:

Post a Comment