Tuesday, March 30, 2010

tuesday tuesday

team practice last night.  Man I love my team. Everyone works hard and pushes herself, no one drops out of skills and all that.  Yay us!

I fucked up my ankle last night - it's not broken or anything, just sore and owwwy.  Good thing I will be off skates for a week (can't go to practice Thursday, Sunday's Easter).

We don't have a name yet.  The team voted and one name received more votes than the others, but (a) more than a few people have an issue with the name and (b) it didn't get a majority of the votes.  So, I wielded the Captain Stick and said we were going to re-vote by Olympic City Bid format, where the name with the lowest votes gets dropped, and then a new vote is taken.  We'll see how that goes - everyone seemed to be okay with that idea.

There were sample uniform jerseys at practice yesterday, to try on for size and coverage (there are a few styles - racerback, tank, cap sleeve and short sleeve).  I contemplated a cap sleeve (so I could just put my number on my sleeve and not have to Sharpie up my arms every bout) but it covers the top of my tattoo (a Charles Rennie Mackintosh rose) and WE CAN'T HAVE THAT.  I HAVE MY PRIORITIES.  So it looks like tank top for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment