Wednesday, February 3, 2010

another Tuesday, another Death Paces

this time it was mostly arms.  "But Queen!" I hear you say.  "You don't really use your arms in roller derby, right?  I mean, you're supposed to keep 'em in 'cause you can't elbow people and such."  Well, you're right, but you also have to be able to whip people.  (Unless you're [a] insane and/or [b] from Rat City, in which case you do a leg whip.) 

My right arm is a weak little chicken wing.  It's really kinda sad.  Kyle had me do bench presses with dumbells and a few other machines, and it was obvious that my left arm was doing most of the work.

So I'm getting more and more excited for the start of the derby season.  It's been sooooooo long.  When I went for assessments on Monday it was so cool just to see everyone again, hang out, all that good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment