Wednesday, February 10, 2010

in which I whine. a lot.

So yesterday I went for my personal training session with Kyle.  Some stuff I've done before (bench pressing with dumbells) and some new stuff (planks!  with weights on my back!).  I got about halfway through when I just started feeling like crap.  I don't know if it was the fact that I'd practiced the night before, or not, or what, but I got really sick to my stomach and miserable and all that.  So we finished very lightly and I went home and whimpered and watched Lost and then RuPaul's Drag Race episodes online (I saw Pandora Boxx perform live at the club where we had our last bout's afterparty.  She better win that whole damn contest, lemme tell ya).

So I had to do some arm-raisy exercise (I don't know what it's called) and I couldn't do 5 pounds with my right arm.  It was pathetic.  I figured it was from the whips I was giving at Monday's practice, so I told Kyle.  About halfway through my explanation I realized how bizarre it must sound ("basically you reach behind and YANK THE OTHER SKATER WITH ALL YOUR MIGHT SO SHE'S IN FRONT OF YOU AND TAKES ALL YOUR MOMENTUM.  THEN YOU HAVE TO SPRINT UP TO CATCH UP TO HER".) 

But hey, that's derby.

No comments:

Post a Comment