Tuesday, February 9, 2010

tuesday

So I borrowed a set of black Heartless wheels (88a) and they are a bazillion times better as pushers than the yellow 92a's.  Even though the 88's had nearly no tread, I wasn't worried I'd fly all over the rink.  So I'm going to buy myself a proper set, and then keep the 92/96 combo for the sport court.

Yesterday was the second day of Fresh Meat Cram Week (they're practicing Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Thursday in anticipation of their tryouts).  There are a lot of great prospects out there; I'm excited.  (There are also some skaters out there who really need to not look like they're going to fall every single second.) 

I am also rethinking my travel team tryout status. Again.  One of the travel team skaters and I were demonstrating positional blocking and I could not get past her at all.  At all.  And she's primarily a jammer.  Sigh.

I did, however, get a cheap thrill out of lapping some of the fresh meat skaters during Hell (10 minutes of just skating as fast as you can).  I am easily amused.

My hamstring bugged me again, as per usual.  It was a sharp occasional pain, though, which, bizarrely, was easier to deal with than a constant ache. (I think that sentence wins the award for Most Commas In The Fewest Number of Words.) 

Tonight is my buddy Kyle again, whee fun excitement!  We had to give whips last night and I feel like I contributed absolutely nothing when giving them, and at one point someone took a whip on the outside and something in my right shoulder hurt for a moment. YAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment