Tuesday, February 2, 2010

to travel team or not to travel team

so I had to let The Powers that Be know last night if I was going to try out for the travel team.  The tryouts will be a "scrimmage against each other" situation, on March 2.

For the first quarter, at least, the travel team will be veteran members only. I looked at the list of returning skaters, and there are 24 skaters who would be eligible. 

The top 20 will be travel team, and the remaining skaters (there are one or two who have specifically said they do not want to be on the travel team) will be divided up into the new home teams, which will be completed by fresh meat.

Therein lies the condundrum.  A home team that is 85% completely new, never-bouted before fresh meat is going to be completely different than (from? I can never remember which to use) what we did last year.  If I'm on a home team, though, I'll be a motherfucking superstar.  I might get to jam, too, which I like doing on occasion. If I'm on a travel team, I get the glory of being on the travel team. 
But I've got a month until the tryout, so we'll see what happens.

-----------------

So I suppose I should sacrifice something to the Hamstring Gods for watching over me last night.  It didn't bother me then and it's not bothering me now.

----------------

Death Paces again tonight.  I am skipping cardio, though, as it's the premiere of Lost and I have to watch it while IMing with my sister.  (Besides, I figure I did enough cardio last night.)

No comments:

Post a Comment