Friday, February 5, 2010

so

on today's episode of "My Boss Left The Office For The Day at 11:30am"....

In addition to being a fearless skater on our league, I am also its Treasurer.  I'm the one who yells at everyone to pretty please pay her damn dues on time.  (It's not a fun job, which is why this season I'm foisting it off on the team captains.)  I'm also the one who is preparing the 501(c)(3) application, which is not very fun either.  But it's got to get done, so I do it.  Whee.

This upcoming week is Fresh Meat Practice.  We've been holding little training sessions every few weeks, to let the freshies know what they'll need to do to pass the WFTDA assessments, and they have been running with it.  They go to rinks on off nights to practice and practice and practice.  They call themselves the Dream Team.  It's honestly quite awe-inspiring (and a little scary; one of these chicks could take my place!)  So this upcoming week they'll have practice Sunday/Monday/Tuesday/Thursday, and then the week after that is their tryouts.  We'll have our first full everyone on the league practice Sunday, February 21. 

No comments:

Post a Comment