Monday, December 7, 2009

weekend recap

so Friday evening I went to one of the other branches of the athletic club.  There are five of them in the area, three of which are women only, which seems a bit unfair, but (insert long diatribe about second-class citizen status and invisible backpacks of privilege and whatnot) whatev.  This one has a pool, but it's not like a lane-swimming pool; it's like the one at my grandmother's retirement village - four feet deep and good for standing around and exercising in.

Anyway, I did five miles in about 38 minutes on my old friend the ellipitical.  Why can't I run like that in real life?  Back when I was doing the Couch to 5K program, I gasped and thudded and good-Lord-what-the-hell-am-I-doing my way through a 5K in a hair under 40 minutes.  THANK YOU CRAPPY KNEES.  AND BODY WEIGHT.

So the next day, Saturday, I met Kyle.  He seemed a harmless enough sort.  I got poked and calipered and measured and surrounded by tape measure and all that. Wheeeeeeee.

Saturday night I got rip-roaringly, pukingly drunk.  Jagermeister is an evil, evil beverage.

Yesterday I spent recovering from the aftermath of Saturday.  Though we had pizza for dinner and I only had two slices. Yay for small victories.

So that's where we stand.  I will probably use the Wii Fit Plus today (yeah, I surround myself with SHINY OBJECTS THAT BOOP AND BEEP).  One of the derby league coaches is coming by tonight to buy a pair of skates that I have, so I gotta stick around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment