Tuesday, December 1, 2009

And thus it begins.

So. I'm Queen Kicktoria and I play roller derby. Our league just finished its first season. I like to think of myself as one of the better members of our "B" team, but I could just be fooling myself.

Anyway, the fact that I even play roller derby is a major thing. I am not what you would call a fitness fan. Besides bowling, a little bit of orienteering in high school and the Couch to 5K thing back at the start of 2008, I have successfully avoided any sort of sport for my entire life. So for me to go three times a week to practice for two and a half hours and get all sweaty and stretchy and sore and stuff? It's a big deal.

Anyway. (I say that a lot. Get used to it.) This season went well, but next season must go better. I must become a lean, mean, derby machine. People must, well, fear the Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment