Monday, December 28, 2009

okay, so, hi

It's been a while, lemme sum up. 

I went in on Friday the 18th and did my thing.  Then I went on Sunday.  At some point I talked to Moby and he introduced me to the concept of muscle failure - you're supposed to finagle it so that just as you finish your last bit of exercise, your muscles should feel like they want to die.  He also explained the "rule of 5" - if you can do five more repeats of an exercise with no problem, add 5 pounds.  The idea is that you increase weight, rather than increase the number of reps.  YOU LEARN SOMETHING NEW EVERY DAY.

So, anyway.  At another some point I discovered that they are starting a physical therapyesque sort of thing.  Bingo!  I expressed my interest in that and will be meeting with Vinnie on Sunday the 3rd.  Hopefully we can get this stupid tendonitis thing under control.

Ok.  Tuesday the 22nd, I went and did my Death March with Kyle.  He seemed to think I was improving; apparently I was able to get through reps relatively easier that time than I did the first time.

Normally I'd planned on Friday nights being my time, but with this past Friday being Christmas and all that, I thought "well, okay, I'll go on Thursday, Christmas Eve, after work."  Well, they closed all the branches at 2pm.  Then I thought "well, okay, I'll go before work" but they opened all the branches at 8am. So I was like "WTF, athletic club?" and popped into one of the women only branches at noon (I got out of work early, yee).  But, I couldn't remember what my weight levels were and all the machines were different so I did 45 minutes of cardio.  And here is where I explain just how much I need to do this - I had a crappy morning on Christmas Eve and Roy (my husband, remember) said that when I got home I could open my Christmas present).  I DID NOT GO IMMEDIATELY HOME AFTER WORK.  I WENT TO THE ATHLETIC CLUB.  This goes against everything I usually stand for.

So anyway.  Yesterday being Sunday, I went and did my usual thing.  Apparently it is working - the first time I couldn't really lift this one weighted bar thing, but yesterday I could do 25 lifts of it.  Wahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment