Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Day One Ramblings

I have been practicing/playing roller derby since July 2008. In that time, my weight has not changed that much (I'm usually between 170 and 175) but I have dropped two dress sizes. Yay me. I haven't changed my eating habits either; bread and cheese and Goldfish crackers and Dunkin' Donuts coffee are my four food groups.

So this here blog will be my adventure into exercise and healthy eating and all that happiness. It will be rambly, it will be weird. But here we go.

I joined a health club because I am an idiot. But that's not the point. I went in today for my first session. The guy who signed me up yesterday, whom I will call Moby because that's who he looks like, was busy signing up more idiots members, so I was directed to the manager, whose name I think was Eric but I'm not sure.

When Eric asked if I currently exercised, and I told him I played roller derby, he got the typical "holy crap" look on his face which I absolutely adore.

At any rate, he directed me to an elliptical machine, said "ok, do this for half an hour, at 60% intensity.  If you can't do half an hour on this, finish up on one of the bikes."

So I did the full half hour on the elliptical.  Each exercise bike has its own little TV in front of it and it looks like they have cable.  Something to keep in mind - if they ever do another episode of Broke and Famous on VH1, I can plan my exercise routine around it.  Or Hoarders.

So the half hour's up and Moby and Eric meet up with me and seem pleased that I did the full time on the elliptical.  Jokes are made about roller derby.  Moby shows me how to work one of the ab machines, which I do, and makes me do planks, which I hate, but do.  (And Supermans, which I also hate, but do.)

So yeah, that was my first day at teh gymzar.  I have a personal trainer appointment on Saturday with Kyle.  I wonder how that will go.

Food wise, what have I eaten today BECAUSE I KNOW YOU ALL CARE SO FRICKIN' MUCH.

Breakfast - banana.  Didn't feel like coffee, which is a bit bizarre. Hm.

Lunch - two Weight Watchers chicken and cheese quesadillas.

Snack - handful of pretzels, oatmeal cookie, two big slices of bread. (carb freak hullo)

Dinner - Wendy's grilled chicken sandwich with no tomato, maybe 10 of my kid's fries. 

Snack - half a cup of cottage cheese.

Drinkage has been water and Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash.  I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW SODA IS EVIL. (and yes, I live in Western New York and I say "soda" and not "pop". Whatevs.)  I really don't drink that much, I was just kinda jonesin' for it.  Again, whatevs.

(Note: I normally do not talk like a thirteen year old.)

No comments:

Post a Comment