Wednesday, December 30, 2009

wheeeeeeee

So last night was Kyle Night.  Hack squats, reverse crunches while lifting a ten pound weight straight-armed up over my head, different arm machines (that aggrivated my elbow, sigh), torso twists and minutes on the elliptical keeping the stride rate over 150 and then over 160, and so on and so forth.  Wheeeeeeeee, like my title says.  Then I did about 35 minutes on the elliptical, keeping my heart rate at 147ish.  Celebrity Jeopardy! helped.

When I went to get my membership card from the chick at the front desk, she didn't have to ask my name!  I've been there often enough that she recognized me!  *That's* an accomplishment, at least.

I was *going* to use the clothes hanger recumbent bike this morning, but it didn't happen.  I still value sleep too much.   I will probably have to use it tonight.  (I'm trying to get into the habit of cardioness every day.  Bizarrely, it's easier for me to go out to exercise than it is to do it at home.  I'm more inclined to do it, anyway.  I think part of it is because there are less distractions out of the house than in the house [I refer you once again to Patton Oswalt's routine about his treadmill auditioning for his time] and the fact that I need to get out of the house at least once a day or I go batshit insane.)

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve, which throws another bit of interestingness into this whole thing.  First, after umpteen squillion years of not having any plans on 12/31, WE ACTUALLY HAVE PLANS THIS YEAR.  Roy Underkill is in a bowling league (which sometimes horks me off, because it's a Thursday night league and we have derby practice on Thursday nights, so I miss Thursday practices because Maverick's not old enough to stay home by himself), and they're having a small private party with bowling and food and fun.  Roy actually wants to go to this (normally getting him to go to parties is an exercise in futility), so I'm not going to pass it up.  So that's a bunch of food I will want to eat.

Then, because it's New Year's, the gym hours are all goofy.  They open at 5am and close at 5pm, and then on 1/1/10 they open at 8 and close at...10, I think.  Or maybe 11.  I'm not sure. I wrote it down and I still forgot.  Sigh.  Plus, my sister and her family are in town from Connecticut and I want to spend as much time with them as I can.  Plus I'm going to try to convince my boss to let me take tomorrow off.  (He's not here yet.)

So, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment