Monday, December 14, 2009

weekend roundup

Friday night I went to the gym.  There was no one there.  Well, okay, there was like four other people there.  But it was kinda bizarre. 

Anyway, I did my little rotation on the machines.  My arms are toothpicks.  Little wimpy toothpicks.  It was almost amusing.  I couldn't get through the reps for the pull up/dip machine and I had to set the machine to a higher weight (on that machine, the higher the weight, the easier it is).  I put a big frowny face on the sheet for that part. 

Then I did about 25 minutes of cardio, care of the recumbent bikes there.  I watched Family Guy while I did it.  Eventually I stopped because I was doing the "keep your heart rate between X and Y" and it decided it wanted to do it by increasing the resistance, rather than by having me increase my speed, so I was going about 20 rpm at about level 40000 resistance and it's telling me to go faster and all I can think is "fuck you, machine."

So that was Friday.  Saturday was the end of the year party for our derby league, which had the theme of "80's Prom".  So there was neon taffeta a-plenty. 

Sunday I went back to the gym (I hadn't had that much to drink at the party, so I was not dealing with a hangover or anything like that).  As I was packing my bag at home, I realized I had left my padlock at the gym.  They had posted signs that they sold locks, so I wasn't that worried about trying to find one.  I get to the gym, ask if anyone had turned it in (no one had) and asked if I could buy a new lock.

"We actually don't have any," the chick behind the counter said.  "They might have them at Dick's."

Dick's is way over on the opposite side of the mall.  I didn't want to shlep all the way over there, then realized the ridiculousness of this - I didn't want to walk all that way to get a lock so I could exercise.  So off I went, bitching the whole way.

When I got to Dick's, I couldn't find padlocks other than a set of two.  I didn't need two padlocks, but I had no choice.  I wait in line, pay for them, shlep back to the gym, go into the locker room...

...and discover my padlock, sitting on the bench where I had left it on Friday.

(Fortunately I was able to return the padlock set.  I drove to get to the store this time, though.)

Did my little routine again, realized again I have toothpick arms.  Did a few more crunches than the last time, which made me feel like I'd accomplished something.  45 minutes of cardio, thanks to the horror/joy/horror that is Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew.  Seriously.  Put me in front of reality TV and I will exercise for HOURS, apparently.

I've also heard that stupid "SHE WEARS SHORT SKIRTS I WEAR T-SHIRTS" song more times than I care to admit.  From what I understand, it's a Taylor Swift song.  Good for her.  Where's my iPod?

(Actually, I don't listen to my iPod when I use the machines.  It's easier for me to count the repetitions in my head.  I can't do two things at once - whenever I'm at the phone at work and my boss tries to talk to me, I seriously want to bash the phone over his head and yell I AM ON THE PHONE HERE SHUT UP UNTIL I AM OFF THE PHONE DAMMIT.)

So that was my weekend.  I need to stop eating so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment